Sunday, November 8, 2009

Michael Wesch



Toward a New Future of Whatever

Personal Democracy
Do we let media predict our out come? I understand the different between being “How I should be” and being me. We get so caught up in materialistic things that we lose ourselves and our values. How communication through media affects the way people perceive things is the study of media ecology. The video bar to the right has clips of media ecology. One of my favorite clips is the Wizard of Media Ecology. It made wonder what would happen if we “turned it (media) off.”

Media has a big impact on student because it does shape our culture.In high school I searched for identity and recognition, but it was not my own identity. I want to be “tall and beautiful,” just the way society shows it. The media is not all bad; sometime it can help us come out of our shell. Like Wesch was saying about Youtube we will do thing that we normal would not do because there is no one staring at us. There in no one there to say we are doing it wrong, this space on Youtube seems so private but we know that it is one of the most public places on earth.


I feel that one of the best aspects of new media is that it gives us a chance to get to know about other people and their culture. The new media such as Twitter, Skype, and Facebook offer was to communicate with anyone around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment