Sunday, November 29, 2009

Doug Johnson



Seven Stupid Mistakes Teachers Make With Technology


This article was a real eye opener. As a student and a parent I take technology for granted. Read below to see how I feel about the mistake Dough Johnson talk about in his article, "Seven Stupid Mistakes Teachers Make With Technology"
1. Not backing up data. My first semester at the University of South Alabama, I saved everything is a folder on my desktop and I had a printed copy. Two week before the end of the semester my computer caught a virus and everything was deleted. Luckily I had a printed copy, but it took days to retype everything for foliotek. How much time would I have saved if I had a junk drive?

2.Believing that one's teaching style need not change to take full advantage technology. Times are changing and so should your teaching style. Technology has made
it easier for student to encounter first hand experiences. It has also made it easier and faster to gather more information about a subject. As a teacher you have to always be willing to change.


Doug also talks about Seven Brilliant Thing Teachers Do With Technology
1. Empower kids with technology.
2.Creatively find and use resources.
3.Make conferencing real time.
4.Put kids in touch with the world.

5.Except the role of co-learner.
6.Use the kids own devices to teach them.
7.Delight in the discovery, the newness, and the fun that technology hold.

These seven items collectively is what I feel will help me make it through my first three years of teaching. I have hard the the first three are the hardest because teachers just teach. With technology, I feel it is easier to keep kids motivated. If your students enjoy learning, you will enjoy teaching them. Student get excited when it comes to technology. Just think a student from Chatom, Alabama learning about real time experiences in Germany. It excites me!

New Classroom Rules


1. Come to school every day, unless you would rather go on line. I have taken on line class and they are very convenient. I could log in when I have time during my busy schedule. On line or going to campus everyday, the most important part of learning is making sure you are their. I you don't go to class you are bound to miss out on important information, and you can not ask questions if you need help.

Keep your hand to yourself, but share all your ideas and knowledge with others in you PLN. I have learned as a student that you want a PLN, classmate, and teacher to SHARE! Exchange ideas, projects, or website is very beneficial for everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment